Bad breath can be caused by many things. Broadly, it can be a problem in our mouth, or it can be a problem with our general digestion and health. Often it is a symptom of a more serious issue, but even by itself bad breath is something best removed.
- Strong foods, such a curry, spice, garlic. This can clear up after a day or two if we are not regular eaters.
- Too much processed food. This is a long term problem. Changing to a natural diet is healthier, but the bad breath may take a few weeks to change.
- Tooth Decay. A serious problem that must be dealt with immediately
- An abscess – This is serious enough to be life threatening.
- Infected gums. Painful, and serious enough to cause missing teeth.
- Wisdom teeth can cause gum problems that lead to bad breath.
- Food caught in teeth and gums. This is unpleasant at first, a cause of serious decay latter on.
- Serious illness. A doctor should be consulted.
- Kidney issues are serious, and bad breath is a symptom of this.
- Diabetics notice bad breath.
- Medications – sometime medications taken for a condition can cause a dry mouth and bad breath.
- The bacteria in the obese expel a strong gas.
- Tonsil problems, such a calcified food, will cause bad breath.
- Some genetic problems cause body odour and bad breath
- Allergies can cause bad breath
- Dehydration pushes our body to operate too hard, and compromises health and our breath.
- Brushing and flossing are always beneficial and essential. But this will not remove all breath problems.
- Use a tongue scraper.
- Drink more water. Add lemon to some diet, but rinse afterward.
- Eat more steamed vegetables and fresh fruit.
- Gradually increase the high fibre food in your diet.
- Gargle salt water and antibacterial mouthwash.
- Chew sugar-free gum.
- Limit strong smelling food.
- Reduce alcohol and quit smoking.
- Drink tea, especially green tea.
- Add a daily teaspoon of chlorophyll to you diet. This de-odorizes your whole body.
- Have a test for possible allergies.
- Talk to your doctor if you suspect a health problem
If wisdom teeth are causing you problems have them seen to.
Dental Problems and Bad Breath